PLANINSKA ZVEZA SLOVENIJE
Komisija za odprave v tuja gorstva
Dvoržakova 9, 1000 Ljubljana
Mednarodni himalajski tabor za mlade
Tabor bo pod podobnimi pogoji kot prejšnji leti in KOTG bo še uradno razpisala udeležbo, vendar bo zagotovo podprla vsaj eno 2 ali 3-člansko navezo s približno 50% deležem potrebnih sredstev, ki so brez osebne opreme med 3.000 - 3.500 USD. Prilagamo originalni indijski razpis in prosimo za morebitne predhodne prijave, oziroma za kopije prijave, če jih bo kdo poslal direktno v Indijo.
Rok okvirne prijave 10. junij 2004.
Tone Škarja, l.r.
Še originalni dopis v angleščini:
CLIMBING : MHE INTERNATIONAL CLIMBING CAMP 2004.
MHE successfully organized an International Himalayan Training cum Climbing camp on the 7065 Mts high Satopanth Peak in the Garhwal Himalayas in the year 2002 & 2003. The camp was a great success and most of the climbers who attended the camp had their first experience of High Altitude climbing and some of them even summitted the peak.
The camp was organised by Col. N. Kumar (Bull) a member of the UIAA Expeditions Committee, co leader of 1965 Indian Everest Expedition, and Leader of the First Ascent of the North Eastern Spur of Kanchenjunga to name a few. Outside Magazine (Feb 2003) has even faeatured an article on Col. Kumar´s ski traverse and climbs in the Siachen Glacier area.
MHE have decided to hold another camp in September 2004. The camp will be held from 10th September till 12th October 2003. We will hold the camp at Tapovan and attempt to climb the Satopanth (7060 mts) Peak.
HIGH ALTITUDE EQUIPMENT
We will supply high altitude food, tents and burners. High Altitude Porters will be used to ferry loads. All participants will have to bring their own personal gear like harnesses, shoes, Carabiners, jumars etc.
All participants and instructors must buy their own International Travel Insurance which must cover Emergency Air Evacuation. Please send us your personal insurance details before arrival in India so that we can process your application.
All payments must be made in advance into the following account:
Mercury Himalayan Explorations Ltd.
Standard Chartered Bank
10, Parliament Street
New Delhi 110001
Swift Code SCBLINBBXXX
ABA number : ABA Number of SCB is 256
10th Sep.: Arrive Delhi. Overnight at hotel.
11th Sep: Meet director of Indian Mountaineering Foundation, Introduction to the Indian Himalayas by Col. N. Kumar,. Finish official paperwork for the expedition.
12th Sep.: Delhi -Uttarkashi. Over night stay at Nehru Institute of Mountaineering
13th Sep. Uttarkashi
14th Sep. Uttarkashi drive to Gangotri and trek to Bhojbasa.
15th Sep. Bojbasa - Chirbasa
16th Sep. Chirbasa - Tapovan
17th Sep: Tapovan - Nandanvan ( Base Camp)
18th Sep - 26th Sep: Acclimatization & Training
27th - 05th Oct: Satopanth Peak Climbing
06th Oct: Return Trek to Tapovan
07th Oct: Trek to Bojbasa
08th Oct: Trek to Gangotri and drive to Uttarkashi
09th Sep: Drive to Rishikesh
10th Oct: Drive to Delhi
11th Oct: Delhi
12th Oct: Depart Delhi
LAND ARRANGEMENT COSTS: USD 2250 per person
The above cost includes:
- 31 nights accommodation in tents at the base camp and hotel or guest houses enroute to the base camp and in Delhi.
- Arrival and departure transfers from International Airport to the Indian Mountaineering Foundation. (Your Delhi Accommodation)
- All transportation from Delhi to road head and back in Non air-conditioned deluxe coaches.
- IMF Peak Booking fees for three peaks.
- One IMF Laison Officer per peak.
- IMF Environment Fees.
- International and Indian Instructors.
- Tents and Mattresses.
- High altitude fuel and food.
- All meals in Delhi, enroute and at the camps.
- Fixed Rope and Ladders.
- 1 ˝ weeks training camp.
- 2 ˝ weeks supervised climbing expeditions to peak.
- Porters / Ponies for camp equipment till base camp.
- High Altitude Porters for the expedition from base camp and beyond.
- A medical team with Hyperbaric chamber (Gammow Bag) and Oxygen cylinders at base camp.
- Wireless contact with the closest Army / Paramilitary base.
- Tie up for Air Evacuation.
The above costs do not include:
- Any international air fare for participants.
- Any personal gear like sleeping bags, harnesses, carabiners, jumars, crampons, pitons, Ice Axes and high altitude gear.
- International travel, accident and evacuation Insurance
- Any expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls beverages etc